Statement of Faith
As a distinctly Christ-centered school and community, Christian Central Academy is, therefore, committed to core biblically-based foundational beliefs from which flow the ultimate rationale for all that we do.
- the Bible is our sole authority in matters of faith and practice, and adopt the following Concessions of Faith as our interpretation of Bible Doctrine.
- the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority. II Timothy 3:16, Psalm 119:160; 2 Peter 1:19-21.
- in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; three in one, co-equal, which is the Trinity. Matthew 3:16-17; II Corinthians 3:17-18; Matthew 28:18-19; 1 John 5:6-13.
- that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. John 1:1, 14; John 3:13, 16; John 14:6; Matthew 1:18-25.
- in the Holy Spirit, third person in the Trinity, Who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the life of the believer, and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel. John 16:7-15; Acts 2:1-4; II Peter 1:20-21; John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 2:9-13.
- that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word, and deed. I Corinthians 2:14; Romans 5:12-14; Romans 6:23; Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:1-19.
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. I John 4:9-10; I John 2:2; Romans 8:1-3; I Peter 1:18-21; Matthew 20:28.
- in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us. I Corinthians 15:3-5; Hebrews 1:3; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 5:5-10..
- in that blessed hope, the personal, pre-millennial, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Matthew 24:27-31, 36;I Thessalonians 3:13; Matthew 25:31; Jude 14, 15; Zechariah 14:4-9; Daniel 7:13-14.
- that all who by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby they become children of God and heirs of eternal life. I Peter 1:3-9; I John 5:6; John 10:27-30; John 1:12-13; John 3:3-8; 1 John 5:11-13.
- in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost, and the felicity of the saved, which demand a literal heaven and hell. I Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-3; II Corinthians 4:14-18, 5:1-11; I Corinthians 15:12-58; Acts 24:14-15.
- in the existence of a devil, a liar from the beginning, who is still working today in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will perish in the lake of fire. John 8:42-47; Luke 4:1-13; 1 John 3:7-10; Revelations 20:7-10; Genesis 3:1-24.
- in the Church, the body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world; all of its endeavors being supported by God’s financial plan. Ephesians 4:11-13; Colossians 1:18, 24; I Timothy 3:15; Acts 20:28; Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 2:42-47.
- that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 26:26-30; Romans 6:3,4; I Corinthians 11:18-32; Galatians 3:27; Matthew 3:13-15; Matthew 28;19-20; I Peter 3:21; Acts 2:38-42; Acts 10:46-48.
- that all the foregoing are Bible doctrines; therefore, we stand firm upon this Declaration of Faith.