CHRISTIAN CENTRAL ACADEMY MISSION STATEMENT
Christian Central Academy will provide an environment in which the faculty, staff, and students will grow
“in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” (Luke 2:52)
CHRISTIAN CENTRAL ACADEMY STATEMENT OF FAITH
- the Bible is our sole authority in matters of faith and practice, and adopt the following confessions of faith as our interpretation of Bible Doctrine.
- the Scriptures of the Old and New Testament as inspired of God and inerrant in the original writings, and that they are the supreme and final authority. II Timothy 3:16; Psalm 119:160; 2 Peter 1:19-21
- in one God eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; three in one, co-equal, which is the Trinity. We believe that in the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. Matthew 3:16-17; II Corinthians 3:17-18; Matthew 28:18-19; 1 John 5:6-13; Genesis 1:1
- that Jesus Christ was begotten of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, and born of the Virgin Mary. John 1:1, 14; John 3:13, 16; John 14:6; Matthew 1:18-25
- in the Holy Spirit, third person in the Trinity, Who convicts the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He is the life of the believer, and He empowers the preaching and teaching of the Gospel. John 16:7-15; Acts 2:1-4; II Peter 1:20-21; John 14:26; 1 Corinthians 2:9-13
- that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred not only physical death, but spiritual death, which is separation from God; and that all human beings are born with a sinful nature and those who reach moral responsibility become sinners in thought, word, and deed. I Corinthians 2:14; Romans 5:12-14; Romans 6:23; Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 3:1-19
- that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice, and that all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. I John 4:9-10; I John 2:2; Romans 8:1-3; I Peter 1:18-21; Matthew 20:28
- in the resurrection of the crucified body of our Lord, His ascension into Heaven and His present life there as High Priest and Advocate for us. I Corinthians 15:3-5; Hebrews 1:3; Acts 1:9-11; Hebrews 5:5-10
- in that blessed hope, the personal, and imminent return of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Matthew 24:27-31, 36; I Thessalonians 3:13; Matthew 25:31; Jude 14, 15; Zechariah 14:4-9; Daniel 7:13-14
- that all who by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ are born again of the Holy Spirit, and thereby they become children of God and heirs of eternal life. I Peter 1:3-9; I John 5:6; John 10:27-30; John 1:12-13; John 3:3-8; 1 John 5:11-13
- in the bodily resurrection of the just and the unjust, the everlasting conscious suffering of the lost, and the felicity of the saved, which demand a literal heaven and hell. I Thessalonians 4:13-18, 5:1-3; II Corinthians 4:14-18, 5:1-11; I Corinthians 15:12-58; Acts 24:14-15
- in the existence of a devil, a liar from the beginning, who is still working today in the world to destroy the souls of men and that he and all his angels and all who do not receive Christ as their Savior will perish in the lake of fire. John 8:42-47; Luke 4:1-13; 1 John 3:7-10; Revelation 20:7-10; Genesis 3:1-24
- in the Church, the body of Christ, whose mission it is to preach the Gospel to all the world; all of its endeavors being supported by God’s financial plan. Ephesians 4:11-13; Colossians 1:18, 24; I Timothy 3:15; Acts 20:28; Matthew 28:16-20; Acts 2:42-47
- that the ordinances of the Church, given by our Lord, are Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Matthew 26:26-30; Romans 6:3-4; I Corinthians 11:18-32; Galatians 3:27; Matthew 3:13-15; Matthew 28:19-20; I Peter 3:21; Acts 2:38-42; Acts 10:46-48
- that all the foregoing are Bible doctrines; therefore, we stand firm upon this Statement of Faith.
CHRISTIAN CENTRAL ACADEMY PHILOSOPHY OF CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
Christian Central Academy is a not-for-profit, independent, interdenominational Christian school, chartered by the State of New York with full authority to award Regents diplomas. Faculty are certified by the New York State Department of Education and are dedicated to providing Christian education at the elementary and secondary school levels. Its mission is to provide an environment in which the faculty, staff, and students will grow “in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.” (Luke 2:52, Proverbs 3:1-4)
Christian Central Academy bases its educational philosophy upon the existence of God; Creator and Sustainer of all things, and Savior. In this philosophy of Christian education, we maintain a God-centered view, emphasizing belief in the God of the Bible and His revelation through Jesus Christ. We affirm the Bible to be the inspired, infallible, authoritative Word of God, our source of absolute truth. God has created all things and has revealed Himself through the written Word (Hebrews 1:1-2), the living Word (John 1:1,2,14), and His creation (Psalms 19:1-2). We recognize that every person is created in God’s image (Genesis 1:27) to glorify Him (Romans 15:9-13). However, every person is separated from God by his/her sinful nature (Romans 3:23); and cannot glorify God, unless he/she accepts God’s free gift of salvation through His Son, Jesus Christ (John 1:12). This gospel is to be proclaimed worldwide (Mark 16:15).
Christian Central Academy exists to provide education at a level of excellence that is worthy of both the names Christian and Education. Since God’s Word is the source of all truth, true education must take place in the light of God’s Word. No subject can be taught in the totality of its truth if the Creator is ignored or denied. Christian education enables students to develop a worldview consistent with Scripture. Education involves the development and formation of the mind for the purpose of perceiving, understanding, and pursuing truth. Christian education is a means used by God to bring students to Himself through personal faith in Christ, and to empower students to fulfill God’s will in their personal lives and in their vocations.
Christian Central Academy believes that each child is a unique individual with God-given value, calling, gifts and talents. We recognize the family as God’s vehicle for nurturing and training children and seek to reinforce such training through our educational and extracurricular programs. It is our desire that the atmosphere, attitude, and activities in the school be permeated by a Christian worldview. With such a perspective, students can maintain a balanced life, giving proper place to home, school, Church, respectively and to extracurricular activities.
Christian Central Academy recognizes that the influence of the teacher on children’s attitudes and beliefs is great. In school, the teacher has a position of authority. The teacher promotes scriptural standards of right and wrong, teaches the student to honor and love God and sets an example in prayer. Our teachers, administrators, and board are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and reflect that commitment in their interactions with colleagues and students, and in the integration of Christian principles in their respective areas. We pray for and with our students, and provide opportunities for them to confess Christ as Savior and serve Him as Lord.
The education provided at Christian Central Academy engages students with academic challenge and support. The teachers, many of whom hold advanced degrees, promote superior academic quality, teaching a curriculum exceeding New York State academic educational standards. Our students are encouraged to reach their highest level of preparedness; to qualify for higher education, and to pursue their vocations or professions in a manner that is God-glorifying. Christian education at Christian Central Academy serves as a foundation for students to make honest, informed, and confident choices in the present and future, based upon God’s Word and His direction in their lives.