March 27, 2020
Dear CCA students, parents, guardians, teachers, and friends,
Please know that I (and many others in this terrific community!) hope and pray for God’s provision and your deep peace and holistic well-being. While some are stressed by work demands, others are out of work. Please join me in bearing one another’s burdens and in singing (even if only virtually), “One Day at a Time, Sweet Jesus!”
And then there are joys!:
- To hear about broadcast reading times and pupil testimonies such as “we miss being at school” and “we want more homework!” (elementary students)
- To see students using Social Media to stay connected in mutually upbuilding ways
- To learn of scholarship offers to graduating seniors (e.g., yay God! For Sally Li’s full four-year scholarship award valued at $206,600 to Wheaton College. Only one Wheaton applicant is awarded this scholarship each year.)
- To connect with some of you in online prayer meetings, in Chromebook deliveries, and in email and text “conversations.”
CCA’s Remote Learning operations were not a surprise to us and, as you know, have been underway by your team of dedicated teachers full-steam for K-12 students for over a week by now. If you need any assistance with your at-home setup for distance learning prior to the next two weeks of instruction (included in 3rd quarter grades), please let us know.
We continue to distribute meals through the Child Nutrition (a.k.a. free and reduced lunch) Program during this time that school facilities are closed through April 19. Whether this date will change remains to be seen. Meanwhile, disinfecting operations recur daily on site.
- New York state has cancelled Grades 3 – 8 testing for this school year.
- The College Board has determined that AP exams will be shorter and online, with further details next week.
- At this point, New York state Regents exams are still scheduled for June.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns that you may have.
“And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. To our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.” (Philippians 4:19-20 ESV)
With you on the journey,
Stuart S. Chen, Ph.D., P.E.
Interim Head of School