The Computer & Technology Department at CCA is continuously evolving to help prepare students for the 3rd decade of the 21st century. Data Science, Computational Thinking, Coding and Physical Computing (e.g., Robotics) now constitute essential components of literacy. Problem definition and solution requires logical thinking that is often best explored and demonstrated in working coding solutions. Therefore, at CCA, computer classes are taught from Kindergarten through 12th grade.
Our elementary computer literacy classes provide the foundation.
Grades K-5 Computer Skills:
- Google Docs
- Scratch programming
- Intro to Coding
Our middle school computer classes build essential skills.
Middle School Computer Skills:
- Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint
- 3D CAD (Computer Aided Design) and 3D Printing
Our high school elective classes extend these essential logic skills by assigning project work in application areas of particular interest to the students themselves.
High School Elective Computer Skills:
- Digital (Computer Science) Discoveries
- Advanced Excel
- Tableau Data Visualization
- Introduction to GIS (Geographic Information Systems)
- AP Computer Science A (Java Programming)
- Technical Graphics 2 (Solid Modeling using Inventor)